Pages

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation Review


Illasmasqua bounded onto the makeup scene in a rather huge way 2 years ago and have left an impression with many since then! One of the first products I knew I had to try of theirs was the Rich Liquid Foundation. With promises of the ultimate coverage available in a liquid foundation, I was more than intrigued to try it out...

What they say...
"Lock away your inhibitions and bring your confidence to the fore. Loved by professional make-up artists, Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation provides maximum, long-lasting coverage without feeling or looking heavy. It blends easily and hides problem areas perfectly. Create your canvas, then paint your work of art."

What I think...
Having used this foundation every weekend for just over a year, I feel I know the ins and outs of it extremely well.
There is absolutely no debating the fact that this is an extremely high coverage foundation, I have never experienced coverage this full with any other foundation and I have tried my fair share over the years! A multitude of sins will be hidden from view completely with the smallest amount of this product; from freckles to acne scars, you name it this foundation will tame it! Furthermore, this foundation also works fabulous as a concealer due to its ability to cover, well, almost anything! Surprisingly however, the foundation doesn't feel particularly heavy on the skin for a full coverage foundation, but if you are used to a lighter foundation this would probably feel heavy on the skin. The downside to having such a full coverage is finding an effective way to apply it and I have tried a variety of ways. Using a foundation brush such as the MAC 190 can make the foundation appear streaky if not buffed in with another brush such as a Duo-Fibre brush. I find the Duo-Fibre brush works well at providing a flawless coverage as you are able to effectively blend and buff the product into the skin. I found using my fingers a nightmare, not due to the finish, but the way the product felt on my fingers BLEH! When applying this foundation it's also essential to be sparing with the application of this product as it will look cakey if too much is applied.
All in all, this weekend is perfect for nights out and occasions with lots of pictures but not for everyday use.

Recommended for: those looking for a complete coverage foundation with a matte finish.
Avoid if: you desire a natural look/finish.

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation £21.50

ARK xo

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png