Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Clinique Clarifying Lotion: Review

I have had a love hate relationship with this product for 2 years. I've finally came to the conclusion that it is because it needs to be used with certain products, as I used it with a cleanser other than my usual one and I found it dried out my skin. This may not happen with all of the Clarifying Lotions though as this is number 2 which is designed for dry/combination skin.
I find this product provides ideal exfoliation for my dry/combination skin whilst leaving it feeling taut (in a good way) and refreshed. The product provides a perfect accompaniment to Liz Earle's Cleanser, which is reviewed here. I do have a grumble about the product - the smell, it is, quite frankly horrendous. The liquid smells of sheer alcohol, maybe even tequila, so using this with a hangover is horrendous and has left me feeling ill a few times ;) However, I let this small fault in the product slip and continue to buy it anyway due to its effectiveness and value for money.

Recommended for: all skin types looking for exfoliation after cleansing! There is a different lotion for each skin type.
Avoid if: you are feeling hungover ;)

You can purchase Clinique's Clarifying Lotion from here, John Lewis, Debenhams and Boots stores.

1 comment:

  1. I used to use this, the smell is exactly the same as nail varnish remover, I now use the liz earle toner because it smells far more yummy xxxx

    ReplyDelete


 photo blanklogofull.png