Pages

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Full Coverage Series: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation Review

Following on from my "Foundation - What to Look for" post, I thought I would start a series of reviews of foundations, specifically full coverage as that's what is requested most when I'm freelancing. Full coverage foundations can be a tricky thing; we all want the best coverage possible but for it to look natural all in the one go. To start my series, I've chosen Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation which is one of my personal favourites.




What Laura Mercier say -
"Smooth on this creamy foundation and watch imperfections, hyper pigmentation and even fine lines disappear. The long-wearing formula is blendable, glides on easily, giving you a fresh look that lasts all day."


Wearing Laura Mercier Silk Creme in Cashew Beige (unedited) 

To be perfectly honest, I'd say that description sums up this foundation perfectly. Silk Creme is a rich, creamy foundation which is unbelievably pigmented and therefore means you require the smallest amount to get amazing coverage. I particularly love the texture as it feels so beautifully moisturising for my dehydrated skin and I find no matter how thirsty my skin is, it doesn't drink in this foundation.  Silk Creme has a satin, luminous finish to it and definitely gives you a gorgeous glow which looks great in pictures (near impossible to find in a foundation, can I add). The staying power is fantastic as well, however I definitely recommend using a primer underneath, particularly if you are combination or oily so the foundation doesn't slide. My only grievance with this is the colour range, it really doesn't cater for everyone especially those of you with darker skin tones. The darkest shade is Hazelnut beige which I attempted to wear on holiday this year and was much too light. Come on Laura Mercier, give us more shades! All in all, I really do love this foundation and most people who try it love it too. The only thing I could say is I've found people with oily skin don't tend to favour it as it is a very creamy texture. 

Have you tried this? What did you think?

ark xo 

1 comment:

  1. Look for good articles on the subject of trust in the workplace, and read them with your group, giving each other feedback and suggestions.satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete


 photo blanklogofull.png