Pages

Friday 6 February 2015

Beauty on a Budget


It's no secret that I love my high end makeup products, however there are some hidden gems among high street brands that I also love and are great if you're on a bit more of a budget. Also, sorry about the lack of pictures, I'm having problems with my blog layout that hopefully I'll be able to rectify soon...

Foundation
Now, with regards to foundation I think it is one makeup item where you definitely get what you pay for. Personally, I have never found a cheaper foundation that I would be comfortable wearing every day however there are some good ones out there if you're on a budget. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation is a great budget buy for those of you looking for that healthy, glowy finish that can be hard to find on the high street. It overs fairly decent coverage which is build-able and I found it fairly moisturising for my dry skin. Perfect for those with drier skin or who love a glowy finsih. £7.99

Revlon Photoready Foundation is another great radiance boosting foundation which I used to wear a few years ago. It gives your skin a lovely radiant finish combined with great coverage which, in my experience, lasted all day without touching up. Perfect for those who like radiance & longevity from their foundation. £12.99

Revlon ColourStay Foundation is a great alternative for your die-hard Doublewear fans out there. It gives great coverage with a matte finish and unparalelled longevity from a cheaper brand. The only thing to be mindful of is the fact that matte (and especially long lasting) foundations can enhance a drier skins appearance and texture. Perfect for those with Combination/Oily skin who need something that won't budge. £12.49


Concealer

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is an amazing product without even looking at the price. In the past it has been compared to the Estee Lauder Doublewear Concealer which I would say is a fair comparison (the Doublewear is only slightly creamier). This stuff is perfect for blemishes and gives amazing coverage to under eye circles, and all of this combined with amazing staying power. £3.99

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is great for those of you who love a light reflecting concealer for under the eyes. This one doesn't give quite as much coverage as the Collection but is great for a more natural, dewy finish around the eyes. £5.49

Bronzer

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder; also known as "the Chocolate Bronzer" comes in a variety of colour options for all skin tones and has great pigment without the fear of looking dirty after application. Oh, and did I mention it smells like chocolate!? £7.99

Blusher

Sleek Blush or Blush by 3 are amazing in their own right. These blushers actually rival a lot of the high end blushers I've used in my time, and they are cheap as chips! A wide range of colours and finishes are available, my favourites being Rose Gold (dead ringer for the famous NARS Orgasm), Pomegranate and Sunrise. £4.49 or £10 for Blush by 3.

Contouring & Highlighting

Sleek Face Contour Kit or Face Form are one of the best products out there for powder contouring & highlighting. They come in 3-4 shades to suit the fairest of skins right down to the darkest. They give fabulous pigment from the contour powder and a gorgeous glow from the highlight, not to mention these will last you countless contouring sessions. £6.49 or £10 for Face Form

Brows

Sleek Brow Kit is a great cheaper alternative to the likes of your Benefit Browzings or Illamasqua Brow Cake. It comes with a soft wax for setting your brows, a powder colour for filling in, a small set of tweezers and 2 little brushes (which personally I would chuck in the bin) so everything you need to create the perfect arch. £8.50

Mascara

I'm not even going to bother listing mascaras that are great from the High Street as there are far too many, and I think mascara is such a personal thing. I've used mascara and hated it but my mum or best friend would absolutely love it. Just experiment, but I generally find you can't go wrong with Max Factor or Maybelline.

Eyeliner

Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner is one of the best liquid liners I have ever used point blank, which is such a bonus when it's so cheap. Deep black, long wearing and easy to apply this one ticks all of the boxes! The only grumble I have with this is when its drying, it can make my eyes feel a bit sensitive but I can deal with that because it's such a bargain. £5.29


Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner is one I have just recently purchased in a few colours and I'm really enjoying it! It has a similar creamy, smooth texture to my favourite Urban Decay 24/7 and has great longevity even in the waterline. £3.99


Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner is one you've probably heard of before. Very comparable to most high end gel liners I've used and better than most of them too. Smashed my Bobbi Brown out of the park. Rich black colour and amazing staying power. £7.99 


Eyeshadow

Sleek Palettes are absolutely fantastic little finds. They come in all the shade ranges you could possibly want and have amazing pigment to boot. My first makeup palette was the Sleek Storm palette and I used it until it fell apart, and since then I have bought others from the range and still use them to this day. Each palette contains 12 eyeshadows which is a total steal at £7.99

Makeup Revolution Palettes are a new one I came across whilst shopping the other day. I found it funny how 3 of their palettes seem to be blatant copies of a very famous brands eyeshadow range! They have a wide range of colours for everyone's preference with great pigment at only £4 a palette!


Lipstick
Again with lipstick and lipgloss, I don't see the point in listing all the amazing ranges out there. If you swatch them on the back of your hand, you'll get an idea of the colour, finish and whether you will like the product or not :) 

If any of you know any great options for budget buys I haven't mentioned, please post in the comments! xo

1 comment:

  1. You must be able to communicate effectively and clearly with others. Be sure that your team knows all the details of any project they must complete. Check in on a regular basis to assure the project is on track.satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete


 photo blanklogofull.png