Pages

Sunday 13 April 2014

Review: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronised Recovery Complex II

The little brown bottle. Miracle in a bottle. This famous serum has coined many nicknames over the years but is it really as good as everyone says it is? Well, here is my 2 pence worth on the matter.

Advanced Night Repair was the very first serum to come onto the market back in 1982 promising to repair your skin overnight and make us all look like Kate Moss by the morning. Since then, it's had 5 makeovers in order to update its technology with the latest version being Synchronised Recover Complex II. This latest formula was inspired by a study which found there is a genuine link between quality of sleep and how your skin ages. Therefore, this latest edition promises to maximise your skins natural nightly renewal process while you sleep so you wake up to beautiful skin everyday WHILST protecting your skin from environmental assaults during the day AND minimising every key sign of ageing. Phew, it must be bloody knackered doing all of that.



But does it actually work? Well, I've been using this product for well over 8 months now underneath my night time moisturiser and I have seen a definite improvement in my skin. Whilst I don't wake up looking like a supermodel every morning, I do feel my skin looks more radiant & healthy and my makeup is definitely sitting more comfortably on my skin. As for the anti-ageing benefits, I can't really comment on this as I'm only 22 and have not been blessed with wrinkles as yet however, my Mum says she has seen a definite difference in her fine lines. The thing I love most about this product is the texture, the formula is oil free which is hard to find amongst treatment serums these days. There are many brands out there who have a similar product available but have an oily texture which just doesn't sit well with me.



So, is it really worth the hard earned cash? If you have the money to spend, I would definitely recommend this product. There's no doubt about it, it is expensive however it's the one repair product that I have found makes a genuine difference to the quality, hydration and look of my skin. Until I find something better from the cheaper brands, it looks like I'm going to have to be skint every few months.

Pros: Lightweight // Oil free // Hydrating // Packaging
Cons: Price







No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png